MEXT Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students in Japan
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan grants scholarships to international students who intend to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or masters or PhD students under the Japanese Government Scholarships.
MEXT is a government funded Scholarship for international student for the year 2023-24. This fellowship is available for undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and post-doctoral study. MEXT scholarships cover tuition, housing, a monthly living allowance, and round-trip flights from your home country to Japan.
MEXT Scholarships are offered in approximately all Subject Areas and Degree courses, and you can apply at any University in Japan. The Japanese government will cover the entire cost of studying in Japan for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral Degree programmes.
You may also like Stanford University Scholarships 2022-23
Scholarships are financial or financed aids given to students for educational purposes. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, athletic ability, or academic achievement. It represents the award’s donor’s values and aspirations. Scholars are given scholarships to continue their activities in order to achieve specified standards (e.g., serving as a teaching assistant for some graduate scholarships, or playing on a school sports team for athletic scholarship holders).
Join Our WhatsApp Group for upcoming scholarships, Internships & Job Opportunities
University Name: Almost all Japanese Universities
Award Country : JAPAN
Opportunity Focus Areas:You can chosse all types of courses available at Japanese universities, ranging from social science to engineering, medicine to health, arts and humanities, and so on.
No IELTS/TOFEL requirements.
Duration: 4 to 5 years for a bachelor’s degree
2 to 3 years for a master’s degree
3 to 4 years for a doctorate.
Last date to apply : The last date varies by country. Click here to Check
Click here for DAAD Scholarship in Germany
Scholarships are available to qualified candidates who fit the following criteria:
younger than 30 years old, possess a bachelor’s degree with minimum GPA 2.75 in one of the following disciplines:
- English is the required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country with which Japan has diplomatic ties. (Check here)
- Applicants with Japanese nationality at the time of application are ineligible.
- Undergraduate Students Should Know: You must be at least 17 years old and under 25 years old, and you must have finished 12 years of school education or courses equivalent to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- Masters and PhD students must be under 35 years old and college graduates (includes prospective graduates). Alternatively, you must have completed 16 / 18 years of study.
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
Additionally, candidates from relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
- possess experience conducting research in a laboratory
- must have proven their ability to speak English, preferably on one of two recognized language competency examinations (TOEFL, IELTS)
- must submit a statement of purpose outlining their motivation for the research.
The Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a full-fee scholarship available to students from around the world to study a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree at one of Japan’s best universities. MEXT is a fully funded scholarship. As a result, the Japanese government will cover all of your expenses to complete your degree. Details are provided below:
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition and other academic fees (credit fee, laboratory expenses, refresher course, enrollment fee, thesis fee, thesis document production),
- Round trip airfare, visa fee, first settlement allowance, relocation allowance,
- Accommodation, book allowance, health insurance, and other expenses.
How to Apply
To apply for the MEXT Scholarship, you have to provide the following documents:
- Find your country’s Japanese embassy or consulate here.
- Check the webpage of the Japanese Embassy in your country. The MEXT scholarship is located under the Education / Scholarship category.
- Fill out the MEXT scholarship application form.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) to the Japanese Embassy in your country.
- The Japanese Embassy will provide a written exam. You can find a sample written test with answers here.
- The candidates will then be interviewed.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email via the embassy website.
To apply for the MEXT Scholarship, please follow the steps below:
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- Application form complete in all aspects.
- Research Plan Letter (only research students)
- Theses Abstract (if applicable)
- English Language Proficiency Letter from last institute.
- Academic specifics Secondary School Marks Sheet (Matric/O Levels, Attested Copy)
- Academic specifics Higher Secondary School Marks Sheet (Intermediate/A Levels, Attested Copy)
- Attested copy of current educational institution’s enrolment certificate (if applicable)
- For result pending students: The Institute has granted a certificate of hope.
Please visit the following official websites to learn more about the MEXT Scholarship: